We are hiring a Grant/Program manager
The Carpathian Foundation-Hungary based in Eger, Hungary is seeking for a competent Grant/Program Manager to undertake a variety of administrative and management tasks. You will help in various operational duties in grant and program management. To be an excellent grant manager, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams and communities. If you have further skills in grant-making, we’d like to meet you immediately!
The goal will be to facilitate the effective management of the successful implementation of the grant programs of the Foundation according to the organization’s standards.
- contribute to the design and launch of the programs;
- provide assistance to applicants and grantees, by giving presentations and trainings at information sessions, and answering questions (in person via phone or e-mail) within a short deadline; maintain a hotline for applicants;
- checking applications for formal and eligibility criteria, make a recommendation for rejections;
- coordinate the evaluation process for the applications; conduct pre-monitoring site visits; prepare and participate at Selection Committee meetings;
- communicate the results with applicants; create grant contracts for signing;
- maintain continuous communication with the grantees, help them in solving the problems occurring;
- check grantees’ narrative and financial reports; take part in evaluation of the granted projects;
- prepare reports to donors, and the Executive Director of the Foundation; organize other events for grantees, media, etc.
- college/university degree (BA/MA) in business administration, social studies or relevant field,
- at least of 3 years relevant previous working experience, stable knowledge on financial reporting and accounting rules of Hungary, knowledge of budgeting and reporting
- excellent communication skills in English,
- commitment to and working experience in the civil sector,
- reliability, diligence, integrity,
- ability to work under pressure, flexibility, accuracy, precision,
- ability to work in a team and independently,
- ability to travel (primarily in Hungary),
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office,
- Proven experience as grant manager or relevant position is an advantage.
Details of the position: Full time employee 40 hours/week, Location: Eger, Hungary (but partly flexible, partly remote work, frequent travel), Salary by agreement depending on experience.
Please send your up to date CV with a motivation letter (with your salary request) in English by 1 February, 2023 to Boglárka Bata, Executive Director: to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information of our activities: https://www.karpatokalapitvany.hu/en