The project of the National Association of Roma Women of the XXI.st Century, Help Yourself..., as its name suggests, aims to help Ukrainian families of Roma origin settled down in the county of Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg to integrate into the local society through mentoring. The aim of the project is to enable families to live independently, have their own income, secure their livelihoods, and send their children to kindergarten and school.
To achieve this, the association carries out the following activities:
- Round table meetings are organized once a month, in person or online, with support organizations in the area that help Ukrainian refugees in some way.
- A database of refugee families living in the two counties and children who have been placed in an educational institution is created.
- Tutoring is provided once a week for children.
- A support package (food, hygiene, cleaning products) is provided to help refugee families who are in temporary difficulty - in crisis. The package is granted in exceptional and justified cases, once a month, up to a maximum of 50,000 HUF. Basic medicines will be provided and travel assistance will be given (e.g. for official business).
- Regular mentoring is still important, as refugees also need people in a foreign country with whom they can share their problems and ask for help. They will continue to provide assistance with official formalities such as assistance, briefings, filling in documents, etc.
More information on their activities: https://www.facebook.com/romanoknyiregyhaza