The RomaNet – community based capacity building (HUSK/1101/1.5.1-0104) project is implemented by the Carpathian Foundation - Hungary and its partner, the ETP Slovensko with the support of the Hungary-Slovakia Cross-border Co-operation Programme (www.husk-cbc.eu).
The overall goal of the project is to empower Roma and pro-Roma NGOs operating in the Hungarian-Slovakian border region to effectively assess the needs and act in order to improve the quality of life of their communities by absorbing funds, managing projects and establishing effective cross-sectoral partnerships on local and regional level.
The duration of the project: 1st October, 2012 – 30th September, 2013
The main objectives of the project are:
To improve the skills and organizational capacities of representatives of 10 Slovakian and Hungarian Roma or pro-Roma NGOs by providing them practice-oriented training based on the method of learning by doing in the following topics: needs assessment, community-mobilizing, community development, project idea development, proposal writing, and project implementation.
- Practical training is provided in project planning, implementation, needs assessment, community mobilization and partnership development topics.
- A concretecommunityeventis planned, organized and evaluated by the participantsin order to deepentheir theoretical knowledgein practice.
- During 4 month (4 events) the participants are prepared to design and implement one small scale project, preferably community events on their settlements.
- Technical assistance is provided for the participants with the expected outcome that by the end of the project each NGO submit a proposal.
- The participants together plan and organize the Project final conference and festival.
- Publicationis prepared summarizing the results of the project and the participated NGOs in 4 languages (HU, SK, ENG, and Romani).
November-December, 2012. Training for the Hungarian and Slovakian participants (1 day – Eger, Kosice)
Middle of December, 2012. Training in Hungary with the Slovakian participants + study trip (1,5 days – Eger and its surroundings)
Middle of January, 2013. Training for the Hungarian and Slovakian participants (1 day – Eger, Kosice)
24-25 January, 2013. Training in Slovakia with the Hungarian participants + short study trip (1,5 days – Kosice)
February-June, 2013. The 5-5 Slovakian and Hungarian participants visit each others local community events and once across the borders (approx. 1 day/month – North-Hungary, East-Slovakia)
July, 2013. 2 workshops – exchange experiences (2x 1,5 days – 1. Eger, 2. Kosice)
August, 2013. Common closing event and conference – organized by the participants of the programme (2 days – To be determined)